POA provides a comprehensive range of consulting services for the logistics supply chain, and are specialists in materials handling engineering, port and maritime logistics, freight traffic systems, operational and cost modeling, and in determining logistical solutions that work for products and trades.
POA is capable of undertaking upgrades to port infrastructure, superstructure, materials handling equipment and maritime services, enlisting the services of reputable specialists where required, to provide the full ambit of port marine, infrastructure and superstructure development, including:
- Port and terminal infrastructure and superstructure;
- Materials handling equipment;
- Dynamic Simulation;
- Quay refurbishment, including fenders and bollards;
- Quay extensions;
- Navigational aids - buoys, lights, beacons;
- ISPS compliancy;
- Hydrographical and bathymetric surveying;
- Dredging of channels, berth pockets and turning basins.
POA provides the full range of state-of-the art technologies required to bring a project on stream in the ports, product handling and rail transport industry sectors. These technologies are sourced directly from POA's in-house range of technologies and technology partners, and from leading suppliers, worldwide.
- Loadout stations: bulk rail; Tippler Stations and Side Arm Charger cars;
- Stockyard and related infrastructure;
- Stackers and reclaimers: bridge, portal and bucket wheel reclaimers; mobile telescopic portable radial stackers and portable transfer conveyors for stockpiling or shiploading at port terminals;
- Conveyors: belt, overland and pipe - belt conveyors;
- Equilibrium cranes for bulk material handling, storage, process feeding at ports, harbours and scrap-processing facilities;
- Transhipment and lighterage systems.
POA through its close working partnership with leading rail experts can provide the full spectrum of needs for unlocking transportation challenges – by applying simple but yet sometimes challenging solutions to complex rail problems. Our partners' expertise has been gained internationally and therefore the company is well positioned to work in demanding environments, especially in providing effective rail solutions from mines to ports or terminals covering:
- Rail operations
- Rolling stock procurement
- Infrastructure installation and rehabilitation.
POA's experience covers the various specialized aspects of maritime, logistics, transport, trade, commodities law.
In particular, POA's ports regulatory experience and understanding of the ports systems in South Africa and elsewhere in the world combined with a legal shipping and logistics makes the POA offering unique amongst port consultants in the world.
Some of the legal and regulatory specialities of POA include:
- International Trade and Transport Logistics
- Petro-chemical and energy
- Ship, equipment and asset finance
POA can offer its clients a comprehensive service to arrange and structure project finance for port and terminal acquisitions, developments and rehabilitation.
POA has developed a unique financing and development package through bespoke debentures which enables terminal and port facility users to participate in the financing and development of infrastructure, share in the equity thereof and guarantees users access to the facilities.
Our experience also encompasses work done in the fields of terminal management as well as numerous valuations of ports and business planning.
Realistic analysis and modeling includes processes which involve the development of an extensive array of background data required to develop a complete picture of the port operations including Dynamic Simulation.
With proven experience and expertise in transport logistics, POA’s services are sought after as advisers to investors, usually in a due diligence process. Invariably this involves rail, road and maritime transport in a multi-disciplined project team with a tight project timeline requiring specialist input across the various transport modes’.